The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a formal pre-travel health consultation by an appropriately trained medical provider prior to all international travel. The intention of this session is to evaluate the traveler's trip plans and determine potential health hazards that could be encountered during the trip plus employ potential safeguards such as:
- Provide information on appropriate immunizations for potentially vaccine-preventable diseases
- Provide information on medications appropriate for preventative prophylaxis against certain endemic diseases
- Provide education on how to minimize the chances of acquiring particular endemic diseases
- Provide self-treatment guides for potential complications that may be encountered during travel > such as traveler's diarrhea
- Provide updates on official travel alerts/warnings from the United States Department of State and also the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Travel Health Consult is an automated, complete travel health consultation created by board-certified medical doctors in tandem with expert software engineers. The goal: To provide consumers and healthcare professionals with a research tool that is able to instantly complete the normally lengthy research required to understand and comply with CDC recommendations. The Benefits include:
- Time-Saving: Users can experience a full travel health consultation typically in less than 5 minutes from the comfort and convenience of their own personal computing device. No more having to plan an inconvenient office visit into your busy schedule!
- Cost Saving: A travel consultation usually costs anywhere from $65 to $165 and is not covered by insurance. In contrast, our complete consultation is generated as a user-friendly report at no cost to you!
- Precision: VaxDocs proprietary algorithm and maps allow for easy, hassle-free input from a user. We then provide a detailed report which explains our software's interpretation of the current CDC recommendation and full rationale to keep the traveler and any travel health professionals fully informed.
- On Your Time: The proprietary and individualized travel health consult report is intended to be taken to a certified travel health pharmacy or clinic -such as Walgreens - for vaccinations/supplies typically in a walk in a manner on your own schedule.
- Up to Date: Travel Health Consult will notify a user of any recommended changes or alerts from the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the United States Department of State that arise between the consult and the start of the trip. Additionally, you are able to edit your own trip details anytime you like and a new trip specific report will be generated. Always be up to date!
Navigate to the home page (www.travelhealthconsult.com) and click on "Get Started" to begin your very first Travel Health Consult. You can also click here to begin!
For Each Individual City/Locality - Please Enter if the Destination is Either:
a) Rural: also referred to as a countryside area. It is a geographic area that is located outside towns and cities
b) Urban: is a human settlement with high population density and infrastructure of the built environment
c) Both: You plan to travel to both rural and urban settings in the chosen city/locality
Note: If you are unsure of the designation - please identify a destination as Rural
Travel alerts will post real-time notifications/warnings from the United States Department of State and also the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the selected destination country
The input questions located on the travel questions page are essential to completing an accurate travel health assessment. Our proprietary system will select only the pertinent questions that need user input for that particular destination country/locality. Questions can be answered in a Yes / No / Don't Know Manner. Please complete all required questions/fields prior to selecting Go! The entire process can typically be done in mere minutes!
The Final Report will consist of your closing personal travel health recommendations that the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends for the selected destination country. This trip can be saved to a user account / Faxed to a travel pharmacy / or converted as a savable PDF for your records.
Final Report will clearly list vaccines/prophylaxis in distinct categories:
- Recommended Vaccines/Prophylaxis > These would be CDC recommended measures that should be fulfilled prior to travel:
- Non-Vaccine Preventable Diseases
- These are illnesses endemic to the travel area. Each listed illness is a link to a specific handout that provides information and preventative measures to minimize risks of exposure:
- Not Recommended Vaccines/Prophylaxis > Based on the destination information and user input - the CDC does not recommend vaccine/prophylactic measures prior to travel:
There are several handouts that have been created to provide more information on a pertinent topic. They can be accessed directly from the final report as a selectable link:
All handouts can also be accessed from the final PDF report